Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Recycling and Upcycling : RECYCLING - the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
UPCYCLING is taking waste and making it into something that has equal or greater use or value.
Doing my part to help our Planet Earth, I transformed this plain wooden tray into a pretty work of art. No, I didn't paint those tulips...I used DECOUPAGE technique, which is the art of decorating an object by gluing paper cut outs onto it, brushing on mod podge over and over again, giving enough drying
time in between layers. I then sprayed satin clear paint for a glossy finished look. The result almost looked like a painting! Would you believe those tulips were from pages of an old calendar? I painted the tray with a soft lavender acrylic paint which beautifully complimented those beautiful tulips, just perfect to welcome spring time!

No comments: