Saturday, April 3, 2010

MORE PROJECTS


















More decoupage projects that I've made. I'm happy to say, those trays were very well received...lots of good feedbacks, and already sold a few!

I also enjoyed making this "body form" decoupage. It is made of paper mache that I bought already in its form and just decoupaged it. The hardest part was choosing the color scheme...which I think spring colors turned out to be pretty! I'm naming her Emerald...my birthstone! The body form, I mean, Emerald, is about 16 1/2" tall, and with the stand from top to bottom, she's about 27 inches tall.

(A little how to's:) For the stand, I made a hole at the bottom of the mache, inserted a wooden dowel rod with hot glue at the end so it sticks inside of the neck. I made sure I measured the dowel so that only 1/2'' sticks out of the form. Then I hot-glued the other end to an unfinished wood decorative candle stick (which was nailed onto a wood cut out for balance). I then hot-glued on a wood finial on the top of the neck; these wood pieces were all finished with antique gold acrylic paint before putting them onto the body form.








1 comment:

Gigi said...

Beautiful additions to your blogsite. Love the decoupage projects!