Saturday, July 24, 2010

Derrick's graduation/party pictures












Hello and thank you for stopping by! I have been on hiatus for a while due to a much needed make-over...(no, not me physically, but Oh how I want one!)I had a blogsite make over! Isn't it pretty? I mean, it's gorgeous, if I may say so! Thanks to Karen of Valentine Design for all her help. I was thrilled to see my works of art on my header! So personalized, isn't it? Well, if you feel that you need one too, contact her. She's awesome to work with!

So, I'm back! So much has happened while I was quiet on Blogland! My daughter Natasha is home for the summer. She has moved out of her dorm and is soon moving in to her new apartment as she enters her junior year! Wow, she's growing up (too fast)! And guess who's also growing fast? My son Derrick! My babies are all growing...I'm not ready for this! He recently graduated from high school, and pretty soon moving on to college, and yes, he's going to live in the dorm! Just the other day I went with him for his freshman orientation, and this is going to be a whole new world! Gone are the days of me making their lunches everyday...(I did that for like 20 years! Does this mean I can sleep in for a little bit?) And gone are the days of driving them around from dance/sports practice to another, recitals and tournaments and birthday parties, play practices, field trips, retreats and summer camps! My husband and I took turns playing the school bus driver, well..it was actually him most of the time...he's a better driver/picker-upper/chaperone! Until eventually both of our kids are driving! I remember the first thing my husband did when Natasha started driving...he took off his watch and never worry about "pick-up times" anymore! Natasha drove her brother to and from school as both of them went to St. Paul High School together, until it was time for Derrick to drive on his own too. Freedom! (Yeah, right!) Well, with this "freedom" came with car payments and insurance, cellphone bills and never ending worries that your kids are safe on the road! Boy, time flies when you're having fun! Are we having fun yet?

Soon, they're both leaving for their new homes. Thank God it's not too far away, Natasha is in LA and Derrick in San Diego. But still. I will miss them being home! Oh boy, wish me luck with this Empty Nest thing. Oh my gosh...I don't think I'll ever be ready for this!

In the meantime, hope you enjoy these pictures!

3 comments:

chealky said...

I'm so proud of you sis... Keep up the good work. Love you....

Kindra said...

What a beautiful family you have! Congrats to Derrick!

mags_riego said...

Very well said...you must have done something really good to have raised such beautiful kids. Now - enjoy more time with Manong Dandi. :)