Friday, August 6, 2010

Blah Corkboard Make-Over









I had this corkboard that has been hanging at the front counter of my flower shop, and I thought I'd give it a make over. Using a somewhat padded fabric, added a little bit more batting, I used a staple gun to attach it to the board. I then embellished the board using checkerd ribbon, pinning them quite tightly to make squares. I made sure the pins were at an angle when I pushed them so it doesn't go through the other side of the board. Buttons were then hotglued on intersections of ribbons for added embellishment and some permanent sunflowers on top and bottom corners. I decoupaged some wooden clothpins, using the same ribbon I used on the board, and embellished them with circles from a handmade necklace that I bought at a yard sale for 0.25 cents. They make pretty and coordinating paper clips.

Now, I like it a lot better than just my plain brown corkboard! I hope you like them too.
Thanks for visiting.
Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

AJ&DJ said...

Love all your good finds and projects. I have so many of those laying around. You are inspiring me to get my butt in gear and make them happen. Where do you find the time? Miss you so much Reina! Love to everyone.

comfortenjoy said...

reina,
your blogsite is beautiful and not the usual templates like mine. i am so jealous! your comments are wonderfully personal and fun to read. thank you so much for sharing

comfortenjoy