Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cabinet Face lift

I am re-posting this project again, as this has been one of my favorite easy and inexpensive project to share.
So easy,   it only took a couple of hours one week end. I have this beautiful cabinet near the kitchen which houses the dishes, cups and saucers and serving bowls and other stuff. More serving dishes and cake stands are on top, outside the cabinet! Over the years, things seemed to have just been shoved in and it also looked a little tired. I have so many cookbooks, recipes, small appliance manuals, etc., etc., etc! So, it's a great
opportunity to get organized and de-clutter (my favorite word!) the cabinets and put the things in proper places.

So, I got some pretty cream and black gift wrapping paper from Target and thought it would "dress up" the cabinet nicely. I used the double sided tape to adhere the paper to the cabinet wall because it's easier to remove and change the pattern if ever I got tired of it.

Now, the cabinet looked wonderful with those serving dish and cake server and other containers inside! lol. With the cabinet lights on, it sure added some dramatic effect! By the way, the cabinets are still off-white...it looks a little teal color on these photos. It's probably the lighting!












Okay, I really hope you like how it turned out!



I'm linking to Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays by At Home with K

1 comment:

bikim said...

so pretty!
°º✿happy June!!!!º° ✿♥
Rosa