Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yard sale find...from DRAB to FAB!!!

One of my yard sale finds...an overnighter, which I'm calling  "drab", as you can see...



to now... with it's new look...decoupaged and fab!

I kinda liked the vintage look of it, except...it was a little icky...all stained and scratched up.

So, I thought of using bright colors in yellow tones and browns that would give this item a lift. I spray painted the handle and the band with oil rubbed bronze paint and the brackets I sprayed gold.
The inside had a touch of eww (!!!) The liner was peeling off on the side.
I used pretty scrapbook paper in greens and blues with some touches of orange and white inside.  I wish there was a tray compartment inside...but... at least the mirror is still in good condition.
Well...now, it's pretty! Don't you think?
Okay, thanks for stopping by. Take care!
I'm joining Type A's Anything Goes #31 party.

1 comment:

gbcarrillo said...

Amazing transformation. It's like magic!