Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love is in the air!

Wow! The past couple months have been hectic at work and home.  I sure missed you, beautiful people in Blog Land!  I have so much catching up to do! Well, I'm back! And what better way to start posting again than share with you my love inspired heart wreath! Just perfect timing...for Valentine is just around the corner!
  At my flower shop, I have quite a few ( okay, more than a few! ) rattan decorative balls. I used brown and a few touches of white, hot glued them on a 24" heart shaped styrofoam. I wrapped the styrofoam with red satin ribbon first, before gluing on the balls, so you could see a little bit of the red peeking, in between spaces of the balls.
 It's now in my living room. I hung it on the wall, over my son's wheel chair. That wheel chair has been a part of my decor , and I love it. On the chair is a basketball signed by his favorite Laker player~Kobe Bryant (that was given to him by a family friend), a handmade quilt, put together by my son Darren's 2nd grade teacher, with quilt squares with artwork, drawn by his classmates. Precious!  (He's been gone for 10 years, but definitely not forgotten!). The heart wreath framed the wall decal that reads: "Family, where life begins, Love never ends."


Hope you guys like it! Thanks for visiting. Please come again!
Design, Dining + DiapersOne Artsy Mama

3 comments:

Megan Brooke said...

This is so cute! I love those rattan balls! I have tons in vases around our place. Never thought to make a wreath with them. Great idea!

Amy said...

So fun and festive; glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

This is so adorable, what a great idea! Great color choices. Thanks for linking up to the 14 Days of LOVE link party!